In the first episode of The CRE News Hour, we’ll launch our new radio-news style coverage of the people and the stories moving commercial real estate markets across the country.
Featured in this episode:
- Jimmy Hanson of the Hampshire Companies about a new public private partnership redeveloping an urban environment in Jersey City, New Jersey
- Gene Preston of Dermody properties will bring us up to date on Dermody’s new industrial spec build in the Lehigh Valley.
- Jeff Sica of Circle Squared Investments will discuss his preference for direct investments instead of REITs
- Michael Walters of NAI James Hanson will explain the pitfalls of locating retail stores for sales of CBD oil and other marijuana related products.
- Mark Segal of Chicago-based Skypan International will talk about the company’s 30th anniversary providing dramatic aerial photography for real estate clients.
Steve Lubetkin is the news director for StateBroadcastNews.com. Steve’s journalism background includes print and broadcast reporting for NJ news organizations.
From May-November 2019, he produced and reported a weekly podcast, The CRE News Hour, a news and features program focusing on the commercial real estate industry.
From 2014 to 2019 he was New Jersey and Philadelphia editor for GlobeSt.com and filled in covering Chicago/Midwest and Atlanta.
He has won numerous awards for his audio and video news reporting from the Garden State Journalists Association, and he has also been recognized for video by the New Jersey Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. He has produced audio podcasts on CRE topics for the NAR Commercial Division and the CCIM Institute.
Steve has also served (from August 2017 to March 2018) as national broadcast news correspondent for CEOReport.com, a news website focused on practical advice for senior executives in small- and medium-sized companies.
Steve also reports on-camera and covers conferences for NJSpotlight.com, a public policy news coverage website focused on New Jersey government and industry; and for clients of StateBroadcastNews.com, a division of The Lubetkin Media Companies LLC.
In March 2021, he was elected to the board of directors of the New Jersey Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists, and in July 2021 he was named secretary of the chapter. In August 2021, he was honored by SPJ with one of the organization’s 2021 Howard S. Dubin Outstanding Pro Member Awards, given to regular members of an SPJ chapter who go above and beyond in serving their chapter.
Steve has been the computer columnist for the Jewish Community Voice of Southern New Jersey, since 1996.
Steve is co-author, with Toronto-based podcasting pioneer Donna Papacosta, of the book, The Business of Podcasting: How to Take Your Podcasting Passion from the Personal to the Professional.
You can email Steve at email@example.com.